Introduction of Precision Metal Stamping Processing and Required Tools
What is Precision Metal Stamping?
Precision metal stamping is a commonly used processing technology in today’s metal processing. It uses pressure to separate and shape metal raw materials to process the workpiece shape desired by the customer. Widely used in the manufacture of various metal products.
How to Reduce Stamping Costs Effectively?
There are some main measures to reduce metal stamping manufacturing costs:
- Improve the rationalization level of the process.
- Improve the level of progressive stamping dies design, reduce processes, and increase dies life.
- Reduce costs by improving the automation and high-speed level of the stamping process.
- Design molds for processing each workpiece simultaneously.
- Reduce costs by improving material utilization.
What is the Deformation Process of Metal Stamping Processing?
In order to process metal raw materials into the workpiece shape desired by the customer, commonly used metal stamping deformation processes include three-dimensional pressing, bending, rolling, forming, cutting, and punching. Next, I will focus on some of the deformation processes. How it works, and what the product is like.
- “Three-dimensional pressing” means to redistribute the volume and transfer the metal raw materials to a certain extent to change the shape or height and thickness of the blank.
- “Bending” is to turn a flat sheet into a curved part so that the shape of the bent part can be further changed. There are bends, curling, and twisting, etc.
- “Forming” is to use local deformation of various properties to change the shape of the workpiece or blank. Forming deformations include undulating forming, flanging, necking, protruding belly, rounding, shaping, etc.
What Tools are Needed for Metal Stamping Processing?
In order to ensure precision metal stamping processing successfully, some special tools are needed to assist the operation to ensure product quality and production efficiency.
First of all, the punch press is the core equipment of precision metal stamping. The punch press uses the rotation of the crankshaft to punch the metal sheet in the mold. Therefore, it is important to choose a high-quality punch press. The selection of punch presses should consider factors such as the stroke, speed, accuracy, and power of the punch to meet the stamping needs of different products.
Secondly, the sheet metal stamping dies is a key component for metal stamping. The shape and size of the mold determine the shape and size of the stamped metal parts. Commonly used mold materials include alloy steel, aluminum-magnesium alloy, etc. These materials have good strength and wear resistance and can ensure the service life and stability of the mold.
In addition to punch machines and stamping tooling, some auxiliary tools are also needed for precision metal stamping processing. For example, the feeder is used to feed the metal sheet into the punch press for stamping; the scrap shear is used to cut and collect the stamped scrap; the polishing machine is used to surface treating and polish the stamped products; and measuring instruments such as calipers, height gauge, etc. to detect the dimensional accuracy of the product.
HejuStamping-Your Faithfully Precision Stamping Company
Dongguan Heju Precision Electronic Technology Co., Ltd. was established in 2008 as a Dongguan metal stamping factory. Specializing in the production and processing of mobile phone shrapnel, terminal, stretching shell parts, and other small hardware components. The company has a variety of advanced automation machinery and equipment and product testing instruments, a strong technical force in the production of hardware and small precision accessories, has many years of manufacturing and processing experience!